The IONA® test is a non-invasive prenatal test for pregnant women which estimates the risk of a fetus having Down’s syndrome (T21), Edward’s syndrome (T18) and Patau’s Syndrome (T13). The IONA® test is an advanced screening test carried out on a small blood sample taken from the mother’s arm with no risk of miscarriage. Fetal sex determination is available optionally, please ask your healthcare professional for further information.
- Safe: non-invasive with no risk of miscarriage
- Fast: results available in 3-5 working days from sample receipt in the laboratory
- Accurate: greater than 99% at detecting trisomy conditions (trisomy 21, 18 and 13)
- Local: the IONA® test is available in many laboratories worldwide to enable local processing with fast turn-around times
- Quality: the IONA® test is a regulated screening test which is CE marked
The IONA® test, like all other non-invasive prenatal tests (NIPT), is a screening test and high risk results should be confirmed by a follow-up invasive procedure such as amniocentesis.
The IONA® Test for pregnant women leaflet download here.